“Scale to Measure Parent-Teacher Communication at the K-12 Level”

Scale to Measure Parent-Teacher Communication at the K-12 Level is an article in Science Daily about the Parental Academic Support Scale (PASS), which it says:

…was developed to assess the supportive interactions between parents and teachers, including the frequency of specific behaviors associated with parental academic support, parents’ perceptions of the importance of those supportive behaviors, and the modes (e-mail, face-to-face interactions, phone, etc.) of communication that parents commonly use to communicate with teachers

I haven’t actually looked at the scale, but I have to say it sounds a little strange to me. Does anyone else know anything about it?

One thought on ““Scale to Measure Parent-Teacher Communication at the K-12 Level”

1. Tried looking for the scale as well and was unsuccessful. I can tell you that the primary purpose for creating our Family Kinex app was because we surveyed parents and they also stated they wanted a convenient way to e-mail teachers. This, of course was highlighted in the findings.