“Finding an End to the Parent-Teacher Wars”

Finding an End to the Parent-Teacher Wars is a nice piece by Jessica Lahey that appeared in The New York Times.

She offers some good advice.

Unfortunately, though, she cites Ron Clark as her sort of inspiration for the post.

Ron Clark might be a very good teacher, but I certainly wouldn’t listen to any advice he gives about parent/teacher relationships.

NOTE: Jessica tried to leave a comment on this piece, but had difficulty posting it. Here is what she said in a message to me:

Thanks so much for your mention of my NYT piece. I tried to comment on the actual post but I kept getting error messages about including words such as “.” that were not allowed. My comment was: “I may not agree with everything Ron Clark says and does, but I do agree with the sentiments he expressed in the CNN piece I linked to in my article. He said some words that really needed to be said, and he’s lucky enough to have the freedom to say them – a freedom many other teachers don’t have. Thanks for for the mention, and I really appreciate the comments.”

One thought on ““Finding an End to the Parent-Teacher Wars”

1. Pingback: Finding an End to the Parent-Teacher Wars « Pastoral Care